We are specialist underwriters who are solution-led and prepared to lead tough and complex placements.
What Sets Us Apart
- Our responsive service and quick decision-making.
- Our open-minded approach and broad risk appetite combined with strong technical expertise.
- Our commitment to building long-term relationships.
Range of Coverage
We provide primary, umbrella and/or excess liability cover across a broad range of areas, including:
- General Liability – Public Liability, Products Liability, Employers Liability and Sudden & Accidental Pollution Liability.
- Product Recall Liability – Product Recall, Product Guarantee, Financial Loss in conjunction with Products Liability.
- Energy Liability.
- Environmental Impairment Liability.
Notable exclusions: We do not currently underwrite War, Nuclear, Treaty Reinsurance, Decennial Liability, Stand-alone Motor and Aviation.
Primary Clients, Sectors and Regions
We are an recognised lead market and provide worldwide coverage across multiple different sectors, with solutions developed for SME businesses through to multi-national clients with a global risk profile.
Maximum Line Sizes
- General Liability – USD40m
- Product Recall – USD15m
- Energy Liability – Onshore USD 40m, Offshore USD30m
- Environmental Impairment Liability – USD10m
Vice President, Head of Casualty
Senior Portfolio Underwriter
Vice President – Claims Manager (Property & Energy)
Our Risk Appetite
James Mecham, Head of Casualty, Arch Insurance International, addresses main territories in which we underwrite business, plus our main areas of focus. A transcript of the video is also available.
Our Underwriting Service Standard
Arch is dedicated to maintaining the highest possible standard of service. Our underwriting approach is experience-led but data-driven, ensuring a swift and considered response to the submissions we receive.
Our promise to both brokers and insureds is:
- To be available and approachable.
- To be responsive and timely.
- To be consistent and considered.
- To be professional in all that we do.