New York Disability Benefits / Paid Family Leave
Arch Insurance offers New York employers short-term disability benefits that meet the requirements mandated by the state.
New York Disability
The State of New York mandates that all employers provide their employees with short-term disability benefits in the event that an employee becomes disabled due to a non-occupational injury or illness. This may include such examples as an employee breaking a leg during a ski vacation or an employee giving birth.
Using the state mandates as a baseline, Arch Insurance offers enhanced disability plans to New York employers:
- Shortened elimination periods.
- Increased percentages of covered weekly benefits.
- Increased weekly dollar maximum.
- Increased overall covered weekly durations.
NY DBL Rates: 1 – 49 – Filed Rates
|Bill Mode||male rate||female rate|
|Quarterly in Arrears||$ 1.98*||$ 4.48*|
|Annual in Advance||$19.70||$44.50|
*monthly rate per employee billed quarterly in arrears
$80 Minimum Annual Premium
NY PFL/DBL Product Sheet
Arch Insurance Group has built products out for Paid Family Leave and Disability Benefits Law specifically for New York employers. Learn more about these products here.
New York Paid Family Leave
New York’s Paid Family Leave program provides job-protected, wage replacement to employees when time is needed to bond with a child, care for a close relative with a serious health condition, or help relieve family pressures when someone is called to active military service.
- New York Disability PDF Application
- PDF Application for voluntary coverage (DB-135 for non-contributory groups)
- PDF Application for voluntary coverage (DB-136 for contributory groups)
- DB-271S PDF Statement of Rights
- PFL-271S PDF Statement of Rights
- Helpful Hints Regarding Claims (PDF)
- Helpful Hints Regarding Policy and Premium (PDF)
VP, Accident and Health
Assistant Vice President, Disability Underwriting
Insurance coverage is underwritten by a member company of Arch Insurance Group Inc. This is only a brief description of the insurance coverage(s) available under the policy. The policy contains reductions, limitations, exclusions and termination provisions. Full details of the coverage are contained in the policy. If there are any conflicts between this document and the policy, the policy shall govern. Not all coverages are available in all jurisdictions.