Arch’s Alternative Markets division writes primary workers’ compensation, general liability, automobile and other lines for group captive and individual accounts.
Arch’s Alternative Markets division is comprised of experienced underwriting professionals with extensive expertise in the captive insurance programs marketplace. Our dedicated team has a deep understanding of the alternative market and captive programs.
Arch Alternative Markets is a dedicated underwriting, claims, finance, actuarial, risk control and premium audit group that specializes in providing captive solutions. Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Group Captives are our primary focus. Our team understands the intricacies and nuances of captive transactions. We can help structure your program with flexible coverage offerings and responsiveness. We offer excellent access to quality issuing paper and risk transfer.
Alternative Market Benefits:
- Unbundled service model for greater client customization.
- Limited distribution strategy.
- Dedicated underwriting, finance, operations and claim team.
- Deep understanding of the captive marketplace including speed, responsiveness and flexibility.
- Flat organizational structure with access to decision makers.
Chief Underwriting Officer, Casualty and Surety
Executive Vice President, Alternative Markets
Our Brand Promise
Pursuing Better Together encapsulates how we do business at Arch Insurance. It is an approach that is based on collaboration, responsiveness and a genuine commitment to continually raising the bar.
It is our promise to our brokers, colleagues and other partners to:
- Listen, share insights and work together to deliver informed solutions.
- Build trusting, respectful and responsive relationships.
- Understand your goals and explore possibilities together.
We entertain groups or individuals looking to take back a significant portion of their primary liability risks through a Captive or Rent-a-Captive. We will look at most classes of business – the key is the insured’s desire to take control of its primary program through a captive insurance company.
Classes that have been successful include:
- Contractors – commercial.
- Transportation – commercial hauling.
- Restaurants and service franchisees.
- Commercial food growers and distributors.
- Retail stores.
- Aviation and environmental risks.
- Auto liability for public transportation.
- Group accounts with a minimum premium of $5 million.
- Individual accounts with a minimum premium of $3 million.
- Retentions from $300,000 to $1 million.
- Group captive, Rent-a-Captive or single parent captive can be used.
- Unbundled service model for claims handling and other captive services.
- Select captive specialty brokers and consultants.
- Brokers with alternative market expertise.
- Complete application for each insured.
- Minimum five years currently valued loss data (seven years for construction accounts).
- Details on all claims greater than $25,000.
- Details on the proposed captive, structure and service providers.
- Preferred actuarial feasibility study or review.
The Arch Difference
Speak with a Regional Expert
Senior Vice President, Chief Underwriting Officer, Alternative Markets
Vice President, Alternative Markets
Southeast/South Central Contact
Vice President, Alternative Markets
Alternative Markets Brochure
Explore Our Related Products
United States | Construction
The Construction Casualty division of Arch Insurance has assembled a team of dedicated professionals who possess a deep knowledge of the construction industry, including underwriting, actuarial, risk control and claim services support devoted to this specialty.Learn more
National Accounts Casualty
National Accounts Casualty provides customized unbundled primary and excess casualty loss sensitive insurance programs.Learn more
Excess Workers’ Compensation
Arch Insurance Excess Workers’ Compensation is a team of seasoned underwriters and claims professionals providing coverage to individual and self-insured groups for a wide range of businesses.Learn more