Middle Market Solutions
Arch Middle Market Solutions strives to be your first call for property and casualty (P&C) solutions with our comprehensive, customized and convenient approach to insuring middle market risks. We offer multi-line P&C products and differentiate through industry-focused teams of underwriters who value long term, holistic relationships across all lines of business.
Arch’s Middle Market Solutions group is a dedicated underwriting, claims and risk control team that specializes in providing multi-line property and casualty (P&C) insurance products for select industry groups. These industries include private equity (PE) firms, including their portfolio companies, healthcare, financial institutions and professional services, technology and telecommunications, and real estate and hospitality. Our specialized teams leverage their deep knowledge of industry nuance and intricacies, and the complexities of private equity-back transactions to deliver enhanced solutions and an exceptional experience to both our customers and brokerage partners.
Moreover, Arch’s focus on private equity companies and their portfolio management provides it with the expertise to navigate each individual deal with the speed, responsiveness, and flexibility that is necessary for success in this space. Arch’s middle market package expands Arch’s overall private equity offering by providing PE funds and our brokers access to a full suite of products for their insurance needs during a private equity transaction. In addition, our Middle Market Solutions team has the ability to offer both guaranteed cost and loss sensitive products, allowing for seamless program transitions, as sponsored private equity clients grow.
Why Choose Arch Middle Market Solutions?
- Limited and preferred distribution model.
- Dedicated middle market underwriting team.
- Industry specialized teams within underwriting, claims and risk control.
- Multidisciplinary individual account underwriting approach.
- Ability to write private equity portfolios.
- Multiple program structures and flexible rating options available.
Executive Vice President, National Accounts Casualty
Senior Vice President, Middle Market Solutions
Claim Account Manager
Assistant Vice President, Risk Control
Our Brand Promise
Pursuing Better Together encapsulates how we do business at Arch Insurance. It is an approach that is based on collaboration, responsiveness and a genuine commitment to continually raising the bar.
It is our promise to our brokers, colleagues and other partners to:
- Listen, share insights and work together to deliver informed solutions.
- Build trusting, respectful and responsive relationships.
- Understand your goals and explore possibilities together.
- Dedicated middle market underwriting, risk control and claims team to support the nuances of our industry verticals.
- Ability to offer multiple different program structures on a single risk.
- Individual account underwriting and portfolio approach.
- Competitive pricing and terms.
- Flat organization with access to leadership allowing for quick decisions.
- Limited and preferred distribution strategy.
- Intricate understanding of the M&A marketplace including speed, responsiveness and flexibility.
- Deep private equity relationships across multiple Arch products.
We individually underwrite each risk based on its own merit and have a broad middle market appetite. The Middle Market Solutions group will target risks with adequate controls such as formal risk management teams, contractual protection, safety programs, quality control programs, etc. Middle Market Solutions offers specialized expertise, as well as value added products and services in a dedicated vertical approach.
Private Equity Segments
- Financial and business services.
- Commercial real estate.
- Technology, telecommunications and media.
- Wholesale and distribution.
- Coordinated care.
- Diagnostic testing centers.
- General treatment centers.
- Health clinics.
- Optometrists and ophthalmologists.
- Outpatient surgical facilities.
- Primary care physicians.
- Skilled nursing facilities.
- Specialist physicians.
Financial Institutions and Professional Services Segments
- Brokerage firms.
- Credit unions.
- Insurance companies.
- Internet banks.
- Investment banks.
- Investment managers/advisors.
- Mortgage companies.
- Retail and commercial banks.
- Savings and loan associations.
Technology and Telecommunications Segments
- Electronics manufacturing.
- Component manufacturing.
- Software development.
- Computer programming.
- Computer system design.
- Data processing.
- Web hosting.
- Infrastructure support.
- Telecommunications and network service providers.
Real Estate and Hospitality Segments
- Agents and brokers.
- Business class and luxury/boutique hotels.
- Commercial property owners.
- Family style and fine dining restaurants.
- High-end/luxury condominium associations.
- Investment funds and managers.
- Light industrial facilities.
- Property managers.
- Workers’ compensation.
- General and product liability.
- Automobile liability and physical damage.
Casualty Program Structure
Guaranteed cost (GC) policy structures with multiple flex rating options. $100,000 total account minimum premium GC/low end loss sensitive.
- Guaranteed Cost.
- Maintenance deductibles ($25,000 or less).
- Ability to provide both Guaranteed Cost and low end loss sensitive structures on the same risk pending exposure and control information/financial information.
Property Program Structure
- Policy limits up to $150M.
- Covers United States, including its territories and possessions. Foreign locations cannot be included.
- Comprehensive all-risk form, clear definitions, and boiler and machinery fully embedded.
Dedicated Middle Market Solutions Claim Account Manager (CAM) and liaisons.
- Quasi-bundled claim approach, claim cost included in GC programs and administered by approved TPAs.
- Dedicated CAM for each risk, responsible for account management, service and claims communications/oversight.
- Major Case Unit (MCU) claim specialists assist in strategic management of high exposure liability cases.
- Workers’ compensation and liability claim directors provide jurisdictional expertise and oversight, focusing on reserve adequacy and claim outcomes.
- BI Predictive analytics tool designed to help the CAMs identify those claims appropriate for MCU referral and/or close monitoring by the CAM.
Dedicated Middle Market Solutions Risk Control Manager and support team.
- Fully customizable bundled and unbundled Risk Control programs.
- Strategic planning and coordination of services.
- Deep understanding and experience with M&A client base.
Limited and preferred distribution model.
- Open with select retailers only.
- National underwriting group.
- Completed exposure workbook.
- Five years of loss and historical exposure information.
- Coverage specifications.
- Any pertinent control related information including risk control programs and contracts.
- If applicable, name of private equity sponsor as well as majority or minority ownership.
Explore Our Related Solutions
Arch Risk Control partners with our private equity clients, bringing expertise and proactive best practices to meet their insurance needs. Our flexible service approach is founded on sharing in-depth industry knowledge and collaboration with our clients to create comprehensive solutions for improved performance and results.
Arch is committed to a superior customer-focused claims experience. Our exceptional claim professionals collaborate with you to deliver solutions that mitigate exposure. Our model is designed to deliver exceptional claim service for all specialty risk solutions Arch provides to our clients worldwide across a wide range of industries.
The Arch Difference
Speak with an Underwriter
Senior Vice President, Middle Market Solutions
Vice President, Middle Market Solutions
Middle Market Solutions – Overview Brochure
Middle Market Solutions – Private Equity Brochure
Middle Market Solutions – Healthcare Brochure
Middle Market Solutions – Financial Institutions and Professional Services Brochure
Middle Market Solutions – Technology and Telecommunications Brochure
Middle Market Solutions – Real Estate and Hospitality Brochure
Explore Our Related Products
National Accounts Casualty
National Accounts Casualty provides customized unbundled primary and excess casualty loss sensitive insurance programs.Learn more
Arch Gateway is a monoline property insurance product designed for middle market clients who desire a 100% solution on an admitted basis.Learn more