Arch’s Contract Surety group is highly committed to the construction market and strives to provide consistent underwriting and innovative solutions to meet its customer’ needs.
Arch’s Contract Surety group is highly committed to the construction market and strives to provide consistent underwriting and innovative solutions to meet its customers’ needs. Arch’s Contract Surety group takes a comprehensive underwriting approach, seeks to understand what makes each company unique and matches surety programs to the customer’s business plans.
Underwriting Strategy and Philosophy
Arch’s Contract Surety group bonds well-managed, well-capitalized construction companies with demonstrated expertise. Our highly dedicated field office personnel understand the nuances in their assigned territories and are committed to providing best-in-class service. Home office is also available to meet with accounts throughout the underwriting relationship.
Arch Contract Surety Benefits
- Arch Insurance Company is licensed to write bonds in 50 states, U.S. territories and Canada.
- Rated A+ XV by AM Best.
- Rated A+ by Standard & Poor’s.
- Specialists in contract surety.
- Responsive and decisive.
Executive Vice President, Surety
Senior Vice President, Surety Chief Underwriting Officer
Preferred target market accounts have bonded cost to complete between $10 million and $350 million. Arch’s Contract Surety group can accommodate larger programs for the most high-quality accounts.
Attributes of our ideal customer include:
- Demonstrated success with projects of similar size and scope.
- Proven management.
- Profitable operations with effective systems and controls in place.
- Strong, liquid balance sheet relative to program requirements.
- Excellent character of principals.
Types of contractors
- General contractors.
- Heavy highway/engineering.
- Best in class specialty.
Types of Bonds
- Payment (labor and material).
- License and permit.
- Arch’s Surety group works with agents and brokers specializing in surety (NASBP, National brokers). Consistent with our appetite we invite agents and brokers to inquire about an appointment with Arch’s Contract Surety group.
The Arch Difference
Speak with a Regional Expert
Vice President, Contract Surety
Regional Vice President, Contract Surety
Vice President, Surety
Marc M. Henry
Regional Vice President, Surety