Property & Casualty Programs
Arch Insurance’s Property & Casualty Programs division is a recognized leader in providing a variety of program solutions to the insurance industry. Our unique expertise in Programs, along with our strong financial ratings, may be the solution you need. Here is why we excel in our Property & Casualty Programs:
- Focus – We provide comprehensive solutions for difficult-to insure classes through Program Administrators.
- Experience – Arch has written over $5 billion in program business.
- Creativity – We provide complete solutions for targeted classes.
- Flexibility – We offer unbundled program solutions with top Program Administrators and Third-Party Administrators (TPAs).
- Wide Product Portfolio – We offer all standard lines of business on countrywide basis and are comfortable with small accounts (average account size under $5,000) to large accounts (first dollar >$500,000).
Executive Vice President, P&C Programs
Senior Vice President, P&C Programs
Senior Vice President and Chief Underwriting Officer, P&C Programs
Senior Vice President, Workers’ Compensation
Our Brand Promise
Pursuing Better Together encapsulates how we do business at Arch Insurance. It is an approach that is based on collaboration, responsiveness and a genuine commitment to continually raising the bar.
It is our promise to our brokers, colleagues and other partners to:
- Listen, share insights and work together to deliver informed solutions.
- Build trusting, respectful and responsive relationships.
- Understand your goals and explore possibilities together.
Why Arch Programs
- Program Administrator Centric – We understand that Arch’s P&C Programs success is driven by top tier Program Administrators who we support with underwriting system capabilities, underwriting expertise and strong financial ratings.
- Competition – Arch P&C Programs does not have a retail agency network, which eliminates concern that Program Administrators will need to compete with Arch agents for the same business.
- Uniqueness – Our program-specific product forms and filings provide Program Administrators the ability to offer exclusive solutions to the market.
- Breadth – Our ability to access the broad capabilities of Arch Insurance can support program or specific business opportunities for our Program Administrator partners.
- Compensation – Generous profit sharing structures are available to supplement our attractive commission schedules.
- Ratings – Arch maintains solid ratings from key rating agencies.
- Forms – Our products are widely available on an admitted and non-admitted basis.
- Consistent – 2/3 of our program portfolio is placed by Program Administrators Arch has partnered with for at least 10 years.
New to the program? – Here’s what we look for:
Top tier Program Administrators
- Strong leadership.
- Expertise in specific program classes.
- Demonstrated underwriting capabilities.
- Enhanced use of data to drive portfolio management.
- Ability to effectively manage distribution sources.
- Experience in writing profitable programs evidenced by long-tenured relationships.
- Profit-focused operation that will align with Arch objectives.
Programs with long-term potential
- Ability for Program Administrator to credibly reach critical mass ($10M+) within 2-3 years through existing relationships with distributors and thoughtful business plan.
- Classes that Arch is uniquely suited to offer exclusive tailored multi-line product solutions.
- Limited competition from standard markets.
- Program Administrator underwriting experience with specific classes.
- Ability to reach ROC target (15%) in first 2 years of the program.
We are generally not a market for the following types of programs
- CAT exposed property and Inland Marine risks.
- Dealers with Large Physical Damage exposure.
- Long-Haul Trucking.
- Long-tail Product Liability.
- Mono-line Workers Compensation.
- Personal Lines.
- Railroad Liability and Rapid Transit Exposures.
Arch Insurance Program submission guidelines include a history of the program and principals, underwriting and pricing guidelines, and quantitative statistical experience. The program submission must meet rigorous underwriting and actuarial benchmarks.
Our current programs include
- Alarm Contractors.
- Amateur and Professional Sports.
- Animal Shelters and Humane Societies.
- Bars and Taverns.
- Beauty Shops and Cosmetic Supplies.
- Charter and Private Schools.
- Environmental Contractors.
- Equipment Rental Operations.
- Family Entertainment.
- Fire Districts and Emergency Services Operators.
- Fire Suppression Equipment Dealers.
- Golf Courses and Country Clubs.
- Habitational Properties.
- Hazardous Materials Haulers.
- Home Medical Equipment Suppliers.
- Logging Equipment and other Inland Marine.
- Motor Sports and Power Sports.
- Nursing Homes and Senior Living.
- Outdoor Recreation Operations.
- Pest Control Companies.
- Precision Manufacturers.
- Public Entities.
- Security Guards.
- Social Services.
- Staffing Companies.
- Wildfire Firefighting.