Diversity and Inclusion
D&I at Arch
The people at Arch are the centre of everything we do. We are committed to building teams as diverse as the customers we serve, fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture where everyone can thrive, and providing employees with the tools and opportunities to grow as individuals and as professionals.
We are dedicated to advancing diversity and inclusion both within our organisation and the wider insurance industry through focusing on core objectives relating to colleagues, communities and culture.
- Colleagues: We strive to have a workforce that better reflects the communities in which we work and the markets we serve. We are committed to drawing from the broadest pool of talent and to creating an environment that attracts and retains stellar employees.
- Communities:We aim to be recognised as a leader in our commitment to diversity and inclusion. We seek to pursue and promote diversity and inclusion in our partnership with customers and stakeholders.
- Culture:We are committed to improve attraction, development, engagement and retention of top talent through our inclusion initiatives. We are dedicated to cultivating a supportive and inclusive workplace culture in which all our employees can thrive.
Our employee networks play an important role in providing the opportunity for staff to connect and learn from each other, foster our inclusive culture, and celebrate the diversity we have within our business.
Our employee networks include:
- Abled Not Labeled and Allies: Focused on building awareness and understanding of neurodiversity, mental health and wellness, and physical abilities.
- Black Professionals and Allies: Focused on attracting, developing and retaining Black professionals and increasing the representation of Black professionals in all roles and levels.
- LGBTQ+ and Allies: Focused on supporting and empowering our LGBTQ+ employees, educating and building awareness, as well as contributing to the LGBTQ+ community through volunteering and outreach.
- Women and Allies: Focused on providing meaningful career development and networking opportunities for women.
- Young Professionals and Allies: Focused on supporting young professionals with opportunities for development and networking within the industry.
We recognise the importance of building teams that are diverse, collaborative and innovative. More than 400 of our employees have participated in a comprehensive “Fostering Inclusive Leadership” course provided by the Yale School of Management, which encourages our employees to actively seek out and appreciate diverse perspectives to drive innovation, new ideas and progress.
We are proud to partner with organisations and participate in initiatives that help promote greater diversity and inclusion within the insurance industry and across our communities.
Our partnerships include:
SEO London: We partner with Sponsors for Educational Opportunity (SEO) London to provide internships and deliver educational training and mentoring support to young people from underrepresented and underserved backgrounds.
Listen to our Pursuing Better Together podcast episode with Andrew Fairbairn, Co-Chair of SEO London & SVP of SEO USA about how the charity is helping to create career pathways for young talent and fostering greater diversity within organisations.
Dive In: We are a sponsor of Dive In, the global festival in the insurance industry to support the development of diverse and inclusive workplace cultures, and encourage our employees to take part in the virtual and in-person events.
Insurance Supper Club: We partner with Insurance Supper Club to support development, mentoring and coaching initiatives for women at all levels of their career within the insurance industry.