Arch Insurance International is delighted to announce that Tim Watson, Senior Credit & Political Risk Underwriter has been appointed as Deputy Chair, Political Risks Insurance Committee for the International Underwriting Association (IUA) of London.
In this role, Watson will help shape the direction of the Political Risks Insurance Committee and various related workstreams, representing the members’ interests and will take on the leadership role as Chair when the current Chair’s tenure expires.
Commenting on the appointment, Watson said: “I’m delighted to have been elected as Deputy Chair by my underwriting peers. It’s an interesting time to be taking on this role, with the credit and political risk market experiencing a challenging period as the world emerges from the Covid-19 pandemic and faces an economic slowdown, higher inflation and heightened geopolitical tensions. I am looking forward to working with the IUA and Political Risks Insurance Committee to continue developing the credit and political risk market and trading environment, as well as best represent our members’ interests.”
The IUA Political Risks Insurance Committee was established in 2013 with the purpose to:
- Identify and discuss underwriting and claims issues considered to be of interest or concern to the political risks and trade credit market;
- As required represent members’ interests via the IUA to regulatory and governmental bodies and other organisations relevant to the sector;
- Establish, as required, working groups to develop research and review, assess, develop, or comment upon policy wordings or clauses of interest to the political risks and trade credit market;
- Provide a forum for relevant presentations or talks;
- Provide delegates to liaison groups of other professional bodies as appropriate.